The Future of Publishing
Join The Future Of Publishing In A
Staff Accountant Position
Are you a numbers obsessed money manager? Do you get a kick out of helping others achieve their dreams?
Learn more about the opportunity to join one of America's fastest growing companies that is revolutionizing the publishing industry and putting the power back in the hands of authors around the globe.
What is selfpublishing.com?
AT SELFPUBLISHING.COM, WE BELIEVE THAT BOOKS CHANGE LIVES. WE CHANGE THE LIVES OF OUR AUTHORS THROUGH HELPING THEM WRITE AND PUBLISH BEST SELLING BOOKS, BUILD BUSINESSES, AND LAUNCH AUTHOR CAREERS.
Our services include:
One-on-One Customized Coaching Experience
Proprietary Online Education Program
Active Author Community of Like-Minded Impactors
Publishing and Marketing Packages
Our program is by far the best on the market, which is why we have one of the highest student success rates of any online training company. We genuinely care about the success of our students and provide a great avenue for them to be successful.
If you are looking for a sale career where you are no longer simply selling a product or service, but are actually CHANGING LIVES every single day, this is the position you have been looking for!
“Before selfpublishing.com I had written a book but didn't know what to do with it. I shipped the manuscript to publishers and never heard back. selfpublishing.com gave me a plan, accountability, and a community, which helped answer my questions and get the book noticed. My first book, Speak with No Fear, has sold over 40,000 copies. I accepted a traditional publishing deal by Wiley for my next book – Speak with Confidence.”
Author of the ‘Speak with No Fear'
What We Are Looking For
You're in the trenches with people wanting to take the next step towards their dreams. Your passion, belief, and enthusiasm changes lives every single day.
Simply put, we need someone that can come in day one and perform at a high level. Our team is made up of top 1% performers from their previous position.
Take the lead, empower your team and be accountable to metrics. We need strategic thinkers that are nimble, creative, great listeners, and quick on their feet!
We look for people that seek out growth opportunities any chance they get, whether through books, podcasts, courses, or other avenues. We are lifelong learners.
This is a 100% work from home position. Our employees would tell you that our culture is second to none, but it is virtual. There is amazing support, but you need to be highly self motivated.
We are looking for “find a way” people that understand their attitude has a massive impact on performance and are constantly solution oriented in the way they approach challenges.
About the Position
Grab the bull by the horns, be accountable for supporting the overall financial health and strategic decision making by providing incredible deliverables, an amazing experience, and support. By creating a Best Is The Standard experience, you will directly improve the sustainability of the organization.
It’s a big job with a lot of responsibility. Keep reading if you have what it takes to get the job done…
You MUST be:
- Ready to learn, be challenged, and grow a ton
- An analytical thinker who can lead the team to greatness
Specifically, you’ll focus on 3 areas:
- Accuracy of Financial Records (month closing estimates at 95% accuracy).
- Timeliness of Financial Reporting
- Financial Model to be ready to review by the 6th of the month.
- Previous Month Closing to be finalized by the 20th of the month.
- Expenses Cut & Revenue Found
ABOUT THE JOB
We’re looking for someone to join our team to be a Staff Accountant.
As our Staff Accountant at selfpublishing.com, you will provide a Disney-level experience to the selfpublishing.com Finance Team. You are accountable for managing and optimizing the financial resources and operations of the company.
Every day, you will have the opportunity to drive a positive, personalized, and high-quality experience at selfpublishing.com. This begins by managing accurate financial records and ends with analyzing data to identify trends, variances and opportunities to save. Essentially, you’re the captain or co-captain of the ship in a high-autonomy environment with ample room to learn, be challenged, and grow constantly — all while changing the world! Pretty cool, right?
NOTE: This position is full-time and virtual. Meaning you can work from anywhere. The team here at SP.com is located around the world, with the majority of us in North America. The preference for this position is someone working in the Philippines and is available to work on a US time zone schedule.
Competitive depending on qualification and experience.
Also includes the following benefits:
- Top tier healthcare: your choice of high-quality healthcare (for US-based full-time employees)
- Work remotely: save tons of money in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of “time off”)
- Ability to earn into a revenue-based compensation structure after 18-24 months of full-time employment exceeding KPIs
- Bi-annual team offsite retreats in really incredible locations! (i.e. We just got back from Cancun!)
- Access to the company training budget to expand your skills and become the absolute best version of yourself!
This is a 100% work from home position with the expectation of 45 hours a week of availability. You are welcome to open additional slots on a given week if you would like. The hours can be quite flexible, since we have apsiring authors all around the world.
- 3 years of experience with Accounting/Business Analysis
- 3 years of experience with Bookkeeping
- Experience with accounting software (Quickbooks, NetSuite, or similar accounting software).
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Ability and willingness to keep maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize efficiently
- Familiarity with accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Google Spreadsheets/Excel, Quickbooks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Experience with working with U.S. based entities.
- Desire to continue to grow through continual training.
- Experience with statistical analysis and financial forecasting.
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify data patterns.
- Hubspot, Slack, Asana, SQL
- Friendly, helpful, awareness of company needs, systems-oriented to solve problems.
Become A Published Author Yourself As a Member of Our Team!
Hear From Our Team
Chad Aleo: Inside Sales Rep
“Seeing this company grow from the beginning has been a heck of a ride. The impact we are making daily on lives really makes SPS a place you can envision a longterm career. If you’re looking for a great product to stand behind and a culture that cares about your professional life, but also your success outside of work, you’ve come to the right place!“
Matthew Mead: Inside Sales Rep
“When I first got into sales in college I always hoped to find a position eventually that checked six main boxes. Selling a product that I love. Having a sales conversation with ambitious, creative people about something they are genuinely passionate about. Working remotely from home. Consistent, high-quality inbound leads with phenomenal marketing support. Working with a team of other top 1% performers. High-income earning potential + great benefits. Selfpublishing.com checks all of those boxes and more.”
Nate Hambrick: Inside Sales Rep
“I can honestly say that selfpublishing.com has been the best work situation I have ever had. I don't know of any other companies that have as phenomenal a team as this one does. Great sales reps sell great products for great companies and I feel confident bringing clients in knowing they will be taken care of and knowing they will be glad they used our services to get their books published.”