We're Hiring for a Content Marketing Specialist
Watch the video to find out more
Are you passionate about content marketing, books, and making a difference?
Learn more about the opportunity to join one of America's fastest growing companies that is revolutionizing the publishing industry and putting the power back in the hands of authors around the globe.
What is selfpublishing.com?
AT SELFPUBLISHING.COM, WE BELIEVE THAT BOOKS CHANGE LIVES. WE CHANGE THE LIVES OF OUR AUTHORS THROUGH HELPING THEM WRITE AND PUBLISH BEST SELLING BOOKS, BUILD BUSINESSES, AND LAUNCH AUTHOR CAREERS.
Our services include:
One-on-One Customized Coaching Experience
Proprietary Online Education Program
Active Author Community of Like-Minded Impactors
Publishing and Marketing Packages
“Before selfpublishing.com I had written a book but didn't know what to do with it. I shipped the manuscript to publishers and never heard back. selfpublishing.com gave me a plan, accountability, and a community, which helped answer my questions and get the book noticed. My first book, Speak with No Fear, has sold over 40,000 copies. I accepted a traditional publishing deal by Wiley for my next book – Speak with Confidence.”
Author of the ‘Speak with No Fear'
What We Are Looking For
You thrive by deep diving into organic traffic and content quality. Your passion, belief, and enthusiasm changes lives every single day.
Simply put, we need someone that can come in day one and perform at a high level. Our team is made up of top 1% performers from their previous position.
Every author, influencer, and business builder is unique. This is not a one size fits all job. We needs strategic thinkers that are nimble, creative, great listeners, and quick on their feet!
We look for people that seek out growth opportunities any chance they get, whether through books, podcasts, courses, or other avenues. We are lifelong learners.
This is a 100% work from home position. Our employees would tell you that our culture is second to none, but it is virtual. There is amazing support, but you need to be highly self motivated.
We are looking for “find a way” people that understand their attitude has a massive impact on performance and are constantly solution oriented in the way they approach challenges.
About the Position
The Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for growing traffic on TheBookDesigner.com. This is done by prioritizing whatever you see fit that will grow that # as fast as possible. The goal here is to grow “high intent traffic” (aka. people who are likely to do business with us to help with their book), not vanity traffic that’s unlikely to convert.
Your day to day duties will likely include:
- Blog post updates & republishing for user experience / reader improvements – this includes, but is not limited to blog post consolidations, image and link fixes, having the right CTA for right posts, re-writing or improving the writing, adding videos to posts, etc.
- On page SEO optimizations
- Technical SEO fixes: fixing broken links, internal linking, schema, 301’s, etc
- Backlink acquisition: create content and infographics that grows the # of inbound links the site is getting and outbound reach to help grow our backlink profile
- Improving the overall quality of the content and user experience on the site.
- Publishing new articles on the site (when necessary) – this includes, but isn’t limited to uploading posts, SEO on page improvements to raise RankMath scores, following publication process checklist / project.
- Adding & updating affiliate links (when affiliates are mentioned) to improve Affiliate Revenue from organic sources
- TheBookDesigner.com Organic Traffic – double traffic by the end of 2023
- Content Quality
- # of posts updated/republished per month (20+ personally per month)
- Improve UX, branding and CRO of the site to grow leads & Qapps
- Competitive pay: $40,000-65,000 annual base pay varying with experience
- Marketing incentive comp after 6 months to 1 year depending on performance
- Top tier healthcare: Your choice of high quality healthcare (For US-based full-time employees)
- Self-Care budget: $3,000 annual to be used for massages, house cleanings, or even date nights with your spouse
Work remotely: save $5k/year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year (aka. 2 ½ extra weeks of vacation time)
Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, 401k match, $250 monthly self care budget, paid travel opportunities, personal development budget, and more.
This is a 100% work from home position with the expectation of 45 hours a week of availability. You are welcome to open additional slots on a given week if you would like. The hours can be quite flexible, since we have apsiring authors all around the world.
- Experience doubling or tripling traffic on a site using great content and SEO
- Design and user experience knowledge
- Great writer
- Personally passionate and knowledgeable about the book industry
Become A Published Author Yourself As a Member of Our Team!
Hear From Our Team
Luke Worlock: SEO Specialist
“We’re a company that truly values the power of SEO to help people find content, bringing them one step closer to their lifelong dream of becoming an author.If you want to work somewhere that not only understands but appreciates the power of SEO to make a positive impact on the world, selfpublishing.com is the place for you!”
Burak Tasciogullari: Email Marketing Specialist
“I love working at SelPublishing.com because it provides the perfect working environment for me. Collaboration within department and working together with other departments has helped me to learn a lot. In the last 7 months, being able to purely focus on email and text marketing gives me lots of opportunity to build something from scratch and recommend improvements along the way.
Email and text is still one of the biggest mediums in marketing, I continue to learn new trends and test new things in my campaigns.“
Fabian Rojas – Marketing Coordinator + Funnel Builder
“I love working as a funnel builder at selfpublishing.com because I get to pursue my passion for building amazing and intricate funnels that help people get closer and closer to achieving their goal of become an author.”